Cbus is the leading industry superannuation fund for the building, construction and allied industries. It provides superannuation and income stream accounts to more than 765,000 members and manages over $44 billion of members’ money.
Building on its proud history, Cbus has embarked on a major growth strategy: doubling in size and doubling its funds under management. Achieving this has required Cbus to change its workplace culture and position in the marketplace. M&P Partners initially worked with the Cbus CEO, executive team and board to redefine its purpose and values to ensure they reflected the new direction while staying true to the Fund’s heritage. Using detailed employee insights, we created experiences that sparked interest and encouraged employees to commit to living up to the purpose and values with a campaign: ‘We are Cbus and this is what matters to us’.
- Conducted in-depth research into employee beliefs and attitudes.
- Refreshed the organisation’s purpose and values, including an employee launch campaign and collateral.
- Developed a program and tools to embed the purpose and values throughout Cbus.
- Facilitated values leadership workshops.
- Developed the Employee Value Proposition and supporting collateral, including digital and social content.
- Redesigned and implemented a performance management model that was driven by employees, underpinned by a coaching framework and focused on future performance.
“M&P Partners had the unique ability to unearth deep cultural sentiments from our people in a really engaging and inclusive way. To see them then harness these insights and engage our senior executives and the Board to drive a values and purpose-led cultural narrative at Cbus was exactly what we were looking for. At Cbus, their approach created the interest and momentum needed for our people to engage with our purpose and feel truth in the value statements”
Executive Manager People and Culture, Cbus (former)